Bamboo – Trendy or Timeless?
It is official. Bamboo is here to stay!
When bamboo first gained in popularity a few years back, many people thought that it was just a trend. However, after enjoying several years as one of the more popular new floors on the market, naysayers are beginning to admit that bamboo has much to offer both commercial and residential customers.
Discover a few of the benefits of bamboo flooring and you can decide if it may be the right choice for your next hardwood floor project.
Bamboo flooring is:
- Eco-Friendly – Unlike some of the other exotic hardwoods, bamboo is highly renewable. This means that as soon as bamboo is harvested, it can begin to regrow.
- Hypoallergenic – Carpet can be a major trigger for allergy sufferers. Bamboo floors are easy to keep clean and do not promote the spread of allergens.
- Affordable – When compared to other hardwoods, bamboo is very affordable. According to industry experts, it may cost less than half of what pine or walnut would.
- Strong – Though it may not be as well- known as other hardwoods, it is still a HARDwood. Bamboo has a tensile strength greater than steel! Bamboo is a great choice for spaces that will experience a lot of wear and tear.
- Attractive – While the appearance is different from traditional hardwood, bamboo has a beautiful, natural appearance that brings a light and bright look to your home or office.
Installing bamboo is similar to any other type of hardwood. It is best to work with an experienced installation team to achieve the best results.
If you are in the greater Chicago area, call or contact the experts at Trevino Flooring and discuss your hardwood choices today!